Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mr. Chatterbox

Planting at the Chicago Botanic Gardens



I was trying to put Parker to sleep and he was pretending to snore and just goofing around, so I gently sushed him ... he answered "No shush me ... Me snoring!" as though his snoring was real sleep!

Chatting with the neighbor 
Big boy bed!!
Parker was trying to negotiate me to do something for him and Jeremy stepped in to try and discipline him. Parker looked right at him and said "Shush you trouble maker!" So hard to keep a straight face when your toddler calls you a trouble maker!! 

Visiting mommy at school



At one time, Parker put Pez candies in his ears to "keep them safe"

For about a week, changing his diaper he would ask "check mine butt" so I would check & answer with "no poops-all clean!". At swim lessons, in our private changing room, Parker asked to "check yours butt mama?" Then walked around to look at my butt & announced "no poops!". 


In the tub, he was washing up with the wash cloth so I was giving him directions and I told him to wash his ears, his armpits, his boobies. He replied "me no boobies. You have boobies. Me have wiener."

Library
He's doing a great job retelling a story. This has come in handy having to switch daycare providers. I can drill him at the end of his day & he accurately tells me what he did & what he had for lunch. He also can't keep a secret. One day daddy asked what errands he ran with mommy. He replied "get daddy's present" and when daddy asked what he got, parker replied, "um, little card" (gift card). 
Woke up crying at 4am ... Went in to comfort him & he tells me "daddy no take my donut" & repeated this a few times before going back to sleep. Ha! A 2 year old nightmare!! When he woke up in the morning I asked him if he remembered why he was crying & he said yes - muffin. (Muffin-donut - he uses those words interchangeable, probably because we never have either in the house!!) Pretty good memory!!


He has learned to say "shut up" without ever actually hearing those words. He was frequently told us to "stop making your noises" and "no you make your words".
Me: What flavor is that sucker? Parker: Strawberry, 'nana, pinecone and corn


No comments:

Post a Comment